Author： FOSHAN BOWAH VACUUM EQUIPMENT CO.,LTD
The choice of oil viscosity is one of the important factors in vacuum pump performance. The viscosity of a liquid is the resistance of the liquid to flow or the internal friction of the liquid. The greater the viscosity, the greater the resistance to the moving speed of various components, the higher the temperature rise, and the greater the power loss; if the viscosity is too small, the sealing performance of the pump will deteriorate, causing gas leakage and vacuum deterioration. Therefore, the selection of oil viscosity for various types of vacuum pumps is extremely important. The principle of oil viscosity selection is:
1. The higher the speed of the pump, the lower the viscosity of the oil selected.
2. The greater the linear speed of the rotor movement of the pump, the lower the viscosity of the oil selected.
3. The finer the machining accuracy of the pump parts or the smaller the gap between the friction parts, the lower the viscosity of the selected oil.
4. When the vacuum pump is used in high-temperature conditions, it is advisable to choose the viscosity of the oil.
5. For vacuum pumps with cooling water circulation, oil with lower viscosity is generally suitable.
6. For other types of vacuum pumps, the corresponding oil products can be selected according to their rotational speed, machining accuracy, ultimate vacuum, etc.
If the vacuum pump is not frequently replaced and maintained manually during long-term use, the vacuum pump oil will be emulsified or carbonized, which will lead to a series of problems such as wear of the vacuum pump cylinder, blockage of the oil pipe, and blockage of the oil filter. If the oil mist separator is blocked, the gas pumped into the pump body will not be easily discharged. At this time, the internal pressure of the pump body is too high, the pumping speed is reduced, and the vacuum degree is reduced. Therefore, the vacuum pump oil should be replaced in time.